Monday, August 26, 2013

Infant air travel part 2

Baby R wasn't very happy on the flight and was finding it hard to fall asleep when she was tired. Maybe it was the unfamiliar environment, the loud plane.

She continued to cry until I finally gave her a bottle of milk, then realised that maybe she was finding it hard to settle because she had only half of her feed before takeoff and needed a good volume of milk in her tummy to settle. I tried as hard as I could to keep her to her feed play sleep routine on the plane. She only allowed herself to be put down on the bassinet once for 20 mins and was carried by me the whole time otherwise. Partway she did let one of the air stewardess to carry and the mum sitting next to me to carry so I could use the toilet and wolf down my meal. Thank you to the flight attendants on singapore airlines for being so attentive to me and my baby.

Lessons learnt?
Be thick- skinned and ask for help
Bring extra bottles because baby might not nurse on the boobs. I'll try the pacifier next time too, except I'm not sure if she'll take it.
Have your bag next to you for easy access of feeds, toys, nappies
Apologise and thank people around you profusely.
Bring alot of patience and energy together with you on the flight!

What was your first experience with flying with your infant?

No comments:

Post a Comment